Filter by Category
40-Hour PCA (Personal Care Aide) - Days
with Sara Otey, LPN
To be determined...
Dates: May 20th - May 24th; Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri x1 week
Times: 8:30am - 4:30pm
The 40hr Personal Care Aide program meets Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) curriculum for Home Health and Hospice and is also accepted by Virginia Department of Social Services for 'direct patient care staff' in licensed assisted living facilities.
The course content instructs participant in assisting residents with activities of daily living, patient transfers, nutrition, oral & personal hygiene with hands-on training.
The cost includes all supplies and the textbook for this class.
Certificate will be provided within 14 business days upon successful completion of course. DO NOT COUNT WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS.
Class Duration: Usually 5-Days (possibly 10hr, 4-Day classes offered occasionally, check the class schedule listed)
Employment Opportunities: Assisted Living, Adult Day Care, Private Duty, Personal Companion, Home Health, Hospice
CLASS INFORMATION ONLY
Information for approved Healthcare Education Programs
* Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (804-539-3809)
Multiple Day Classes:
- Fresh Starter 16hrs - Asst to CNA - 40hrs on-the-job
- Nurse Aide (CNA) - 120-hours
- Personal Care Aide (PCA) - 40-hours
- Medication Aide (RMA) - 68-hours, 32-hours (by request)
- Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - 4hrs/wk (24-hours total)
Single Day Classes:
- CPR/AED/First Aide - Full, Review, Challenge
- C-PR0/AED (CPR for Professional) - Review, Challenge
- Medication Aide Refresher - 4-hour, 1-3 hours (by request)
- Medication Aide Exam Review - w/Med Aide Refresher
- Nurse Aide (CNA) Exam Review - 4-hour increments
- Baby Sitting Class (11-yrs Minimum) - 4-hours (by request)
- Pet First Aid & CPR (Instructor Led) - 4-hours (by request)
- Phlebotomy Review - 4-hours (groups, by request)
- Multiple Healthcare Partners seeking good staff:
Nursing Rehab, Assisted Living, Hospital, Home Health, Hospice, Personal Care, Adult Day Care, Adolescent Group Homes, Pharmacy (Long-Term Care, Hospital, Retail, Insurance, Computer, Compounding, Hospice), and more!
RN / LPN / Pharmacists /Pharmacy Techs / Nurse Students:
- Train-the-Trainer Nurse Aide - 8-hours
- Train-the-Trainer Medication Aide - 8-hours
- Train-the-Trainer CPR/AED/First Aide - 8-hours & blended
- Train-the-Trainer Pharmacy Technician - 8-hours