Filter by Category
68hr Medication Aide
68hr Medication Aide - Days (6-weeks) - Richmond
with Happie Harris, LPN
New Year Price: $600
One Heart Residential, Inc.
129 Bridge St.
Highland Springs, Va 23075
804-627-3465 *Directions Only
Dates: March 3rd - April 9th; Tue-Wed-Thu x6 weeks
The 68hr Medication Administration Course is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved program. The course instructs participant how to administer & assist resident in self-administering medications, including blood sugar checks & insulin injections, in the assisted living environment.
There are 68 hours of training, consisting of 48 hours of classroom training and 20 hours of clinical training in various assisted living facilities, to assist in Medication Management and Administration in assisted living facilities.
The cost includes the textbook and all classroom materials.
Certificate will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays) ONLY upon successful completion of the course.
Not Included: Students will be eligible to apply to Virginia Board of Nursing ($50) and the examination at PSI ($70) to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA).
Students will also receive a complimentary "4hr Medication Aide Refresher Class" within 60 days of completion of the course as a review prior to taking their Virginia Board of Nursing Medication Aide competency test.
*NOTE: Registration in a current class is required * Check Dates
Prerequisites: A certificate of completion from one of the following:
- Virginia Department of Social Services approved 40hr Direct Patient Care program
- Virginia Medicaid approved 40hr Personal Care Assistant certificate
- Virginia Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide certificate
- Please click on the following link for 18VAC90-60-60. Requirements for the Program Curriculum.
- Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
- Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police ($15 or more)
- Wrist watch with a sweep second hand (inexpensive - $10 to $20)
- Scrubs - preferably black or dark color
- Virginia Board of Nursing Application ($50) and PSI Examination ($70)