Filter by Category
68hr Medication Aide
68hr Medication Aide - ONLINE
with Teresa Mason, RN, CPhT
Job Opportunities Available to start your Healthcare Career NOW
Application to be filled out when class starts
** Special Discounted Price of $550 - Ususally $600
ONLINE with GoToTraining
NOTE: Access link emailed late the night before class starts.
Learn online wherever it is convenient for you.
Access your class on your:
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Smart Phone!
Dates: July 13th - July 31st x3 weeks "Around the Clock"
** Hands-on Skills to be completed "on the job"
The 68hr Medication Administration Course is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved program. The course instructs participant how to administer & assist resident in self-administering medications, including blood sugar checks & insulin injections, in the assisted living environment.
There are 68 hours of training, consisting of 44 hours of ONLINE training and 24 hours of clinical training in an On-the-Job assisted living facility, to assist in Medication Management and Administration in assisted living facilities.
Certificate and Performance Record will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays) ONLY upon successful completion of the course.
Not Included: Students will be eligible to apply to Virginia Board of Nursing ($50) and the examination at PSI ($70) to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA).
Students will also receive a complimentary "4hr Medication Aide Refresher Class" within 60 days of completion of the course as a review prior to taking their Virginia Board of Nursing Medication Aide competency test.
Must call to register for this 4hr Refresher.
Prerequisites: A certificate of completion from one of the following:
- Virginia Department of Social Services approved 40hr Direct Patient Care program
- Virginia Medicaid approved 40hr Personal Care Assistant certificate
- Virginia Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide certificate
- Please click on the following link for 18VAC90-60-60.
- Requirements for the Program Curriculum:
- Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
- Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police ($15 or more)
- NOTE: Assisted Living Facility Employer will perform TB Test and Criminal Background Check
- Virginia Board of Nursing Application ($50) and PSI Examination ($70)