Filter by Category
Off-Site 68hr Med Aide
CLASS INFORMATION ONLY
Information for approved Healthcare Education Programs
* Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (804-539-3809)
Multiple Day Classes:
- Fresh Starter 16hrs - Asst to CNA - 40hrs on-the-job
- Nurse Aide (CNA) - 120-hours
- Personal Care Aide (PCA) - 40-hours
- Medication Aide (RMA) - 68-hours, 32-hours (by request)
- Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - 4hrs/wk (24-hours total)
Single Day Classes:
- CPR/AED/First Aide - Full, Review, Challenge
- C-PR0/AED (CPR for Professional) - Review, Challenge
- Medication Aide Refresher - 4-hour, 1-3 hours (by request)
- Medication Aide Exam Review - w/Med Aide Refresher
- Nurse Aide (CNA) Exam Review - 4-hour increments
- Baby Sitting Class (11-yrs Minimum) - 4-hours (by request)
- Pet First Aid & CPR (Instructor Led) - 4-hours (by request)
- Phlebotomy Review - 4-hours (groups, by request)
- Multiple Healthcare Partners seeking good staff:
Nursing Rehab, Assisted Living, Hospital, Home Health, Hospice, Personal Care, Adult Day Care, Adolescent Group Homes, Pharmacy (Long-Term Care, Hospital, Retail, Insurance, Computer, Compounding, Hospice), and more!
RN / LPN / Pharmacists /Pharmacy Techs / Nurse Students:
- Train-the-Trainer Nurse Aide - 8-hours
- Train-the-Trainer Medication Aide - 8-hours
- Train-the-Trainer CPR/AED/First Aide - 8-hours & blended
- Train-the-Trainer Pharmacy Technician - 8-hours
COMBO 40hr PCA & 68hr Med Aide - Days
with Carrie Baldwin, RN
Spring Arbor Salisbury Assisted Living
14001 Turnberry Lane
Midlothian, VA 23113
COMBO Classes to follow each other ...
PCA (40hrs x1-wk) & 68-Hour Medication Aide (68hrs x2-wks)
PCA Class Dates: Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri;
September 10th - September 14th (1 week)
68-Hour Medication Aide Class Dates: Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri; September 17th - September 28th (2 weeks)
Times: 8:30am - 4:30pm (all 3-weeks)
Cost: $800 * Combined low price *
Individual costs = 40hr PCA $350 (just reduced from $390) & 68hr Medication Aide $600
To sign up individually call 804-539-3809 (Regular cost will apply)
The 40hr Personal Care Aide program meets and exceeds Virginia Department of Social Services approved curriculum for direct patient care staff in licensed assisted living facilities. The course content instructs participant in assisting residents with activities of daily living, patient transfers, nutrition, oral & personal hygiene with hands-on training in our state-of-the-art skills laboratory.
The cost includes all supplies and the textbook for class.
Certificate will be provided within 14 business days upon successful completion of course.
Class Duration: Usually 5-Days
Employment Opportunities: Assisted Living, Adult Day Care, Private Duty, Personal Companion
The 68hr Medication Administration Course is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved program. The course instructs participant how to administer & assist resident in self-administering medications, including blood sugar checks & insulin injections, in the assisted living environment.
There are 68 hours of training, consisting of 48 hours of classroom training and 20 hours of clinical training in various assisted living facilities, to assist in Medication Management and Administration in assisted living facilities.
The cost includes the textbook and all classroom materials.
Certificate will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays) ONLY upon successful completion of the course.
Not Included: - Students will be eligible to apply to Virginia Board of Nursing ($50) and the examination at PSI ($70) to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA).
Students will also receive a complimentary "4hr Medication Aide Refresher Class" within 60 days’ completion of the course as a review prior to taking their Virginia Board of Nursing Medication Aide competency test.
Prerequisites: A certificate of completion from one of the following:
- Virginia Department of Social Services approved 40hr Direct Patient Care program
- Virginia Medicaid approved 40hr Personal Care Assistant certificate
- Virginia Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide certificate
Additional Requirements (not included):
- Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
- Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police ($15 or more)
- Wrist watch with a sweep second hand (inexpensive - $10 to $20)
- Black shoes & Black Socks ** Must be vinyl or leather (leak-proof) & be closed top, toe & back ** No canvas or slip-ons, mules, clogs, lace-ups, etc...
- Virginia Board of Nursing Application ($50) and PSI Examination ($70)