Filter by Category
CLASS INFORMATION ONLY Session
with Breath of Fresh Air Staff
Join Breath of Fresh Air Weekly on Mondays 2pm-4pm for:
Information & Open Enrollment options for
approved Healthcare Education Programs
* Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (804-539-3809) for an appointment if these hours do not work with your schedule.
Multiple Day Classes:
- Nurse Aide (CNA) - 120-hours
- Personal Care Aide (PCA) - 40-hours
- Medication Aide (RMA) - 68-hours, 32-hours (by request)
- Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - 24-hours in classroom
Single Day Classes:
- CPR/AED/First Aide - Full, Review, Challenge
- C-PR0/AED (CPR for Professional) - Review, Challenge
- Medication Aide Refresher - 4-hour, 1-3 hours (by request)
- Medication Aide Exam Review - w/Med Aide Refresher
- Nurse Aide (CNA) Exam Review - 4-hour increments
- Baby Sitting Class (11-yrs Minimum) - 4-hours (by request)
- Pet First Aid & CPR (Instructor Led) - 4-hours (by request)
- Phlebotomy Review - 4-hours (groups, by request)
- Multiple Healthcare Partners seeking good staff:
Nursing Rehab, Assisted Living, Hospital, Home Health, Hospice, Personal Care, Adult Day Care, Adolescent Group Homes, Pharmacy (Long-Term Care, Hospital, Retail, Insurance, Computer, Compounding, Hospice), and more!
RN / LPN / Pharmacists /Pharmacy Techs / Nurse Students:
- Train-the-Trainer Nurse Aide - 8-hours
- Train-the-Trainer Medication Aide - 8-hours
- Train-the-Trainer CPR/AED/First Aide - 8-hours & blended
- Train-the-Trainer Pharmacy Technician - 8-hours
Pharmacy Technician - Fridays only
with Deborah Mast, CPhT
Dates: Fridays 4-hours x6 weeks
Times: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Class Cost: $620 (includes textbook $70)
The Pharmacy Technician course is designed to prepare students to assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Students will obtain a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and Pharmacy Law skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, prepare and dispense medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
There will be a research project to complete during week 5 and 6 of the class duration.
You will be required to pass your Breath of Fresh Air final exam with an 80% in order to successfully complete this class.
Certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Student will be eligible to apply for the national (ExCPT/PTCB) examination.
Additional Requirements: Recommended that participants be a Medication Aide (32hr or 68hr)
Certification Years: License Renewal annually per Virginia Board of Pharmacy **Cost Not included...
National Certification requires online renewal every 2 years per PTCB or ExCPT **Cost Not included
Employment Opportunities: Retail, Long-Term Care, Hospital, Pharmacy Computer Software, Drug Wholesalers