68hr Medication Aide - ONLINE Monthly
with Teresa Mason, RN, CPhT
NEW * Top Hat Software platform
You will receive your Top Hat "JOIN CODE" and "Bookstore Access Code" via email at 11 am ON YOUR CLASS START DATE.
Learn online wherever it is convenient for you.
Access your class on your:
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Smart Phone!
Dates: Monthly schedules and "Around the Clock" access
* Online Portion of this class must be completed within 3-weeks (21-days) from Start Date of Access Link confirmed receipt.
*Tests (8-chapters & Final Exam) are released and closed for 4-days throughout the 3-weeks so students must work with the timeline to stay on task. CHECK YOUR EMAIL.
** Hands-on Skills to be completed "on the job" at an assisted living facility with trained nurses added to Fresh Start Healthcare approved program.
Twenty-Four (24) Hours of SKILLS & CLINICAL INSTRUCTION MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 60-days of ONLINE CLASS COMPLETION ...
PLEASE BE PROMPT WITH SCHEDULING.
The 68hr Medication Administration Course is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved program. The course instructs participants on how to administer & assist a resident in self-administering medications, including blood sugar checks & insulin injections, in the assisted living environment.
There are 68 hours of training, consisting of 44 hours of ONLINE training and 24 hours of clinical training in an On-the-Job assisted living facility, to assist in Medication Management and Administration in assisted living facilities.
Certificate and Performance Record will be provided via email to the facility within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays) ONLY upon completing the course.
Prerequisites: A certificate of completion from one of the following *MUST BE SUBMITTED TO FRESH START PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF THE COURSE!:
- Virginia Department of Social Services approved 40hr Direct Patient Care program
- Virginia Medicaid approved 40hr Personal Care Assistant certificate
- Virginia Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide certificate
- Please click on the following link for 18VAC90-60-60
- Requirements for the program curriculum:
- Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
- Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police ($15 or more)
- NOTE: Assisted Living Facility Employer is required to perform PPD (TB) Test and Criminal Background Check for all new hires.
Not Included: Students will be eligible to apply to the Virginia Board of Nursing ($50) and the examination at PSI ($70) to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA).
*STUDENTS must Click the following link for the Board of Nursing Application Wizard and click "Apply Now" to receive approval to take the state exam (*NO PAPER APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED):
Session 11: Dec 5 - 21st, 2022
Payment plan available: $275 deposit plus 2 payments of $137.50, paid weekly.
For more info, call us at 804-539-3809