Nurse Aide (CNA) - Blended (Online/Onsite)
with Teresa Mason,RN Marie Hall,RN
**READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING**
THIS IS A HYBRID COURSE WHICH HAS BOTH ONLINE AND IN-PERSON COMPONENTS.
IN-PERSON ORIENTATION ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY. NO EXCEPTIONS, EXCUSES, OR REFUNDS. TEXTBOOKS, CLASS MATERIALS AND OTHER INFORMATION WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT ORIENTATION.
Pre-requisites: Reading Comprehension of the English language as required by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
The Nurse Aide Program (CNA) is a Virginia Board of Nursing-approved program. This program exceeds the required 80 hours of lecture/skills and 40 hours of clinical experience. Through lecture, video, role-playing, and hands-on skills laboratory and clinical practice, you learn procedural skills such as bathing, dressing, positioning, and vital signs. You also learn key communication techniques to provide compassionate care for the elderly and others in need of personal care.
Successful completion of the Nurse Aide course qualifies the individual as a Nurse Aide Candidate - eligible to take the Virginia Nurse Aide Written and Skills Examinations, provided by Credentia. Certificate of completion will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays) ONLY upon satisfactory completion of all portions of the course- Classroom, Skills & Clinical Practicum.
The cost [$1500.00] includes textbooks, all classroom materials and supplies, and CPR/AED/First Aid 2yr certification.
- Class Meeting Dates/Times/Location: The classroom portion of this program is ONLINE & asynchronous (no scheduled class meet times, lectures are recorded, work at your pace, any time day or night). Students must be prepared to follow the program schedule, completing assignments/quizzes/tests by deadline.
- Skills & Clinical Dates/Times/Location: Dates/Times to be assigned upon satisfactory completion of online portion of course. Locations are area facilities as assigned in the Richmond area.
- Skills & Clinical Attire:
* Scrubs ONLY. Scrub Covers & Name Badge are supplied by Fresh Start to be worn at skills & clinical facilities only. Shoes must be closed toe, closed heel, solid material, waterproof, rubber sole. No Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or clogs.
Additional required documentation [must submit prior to Skills start date:]
- Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
- Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police ($20 or more)
- Proof of COVID vaccination status.
Employment Opportunities: Long-Term Care, Assisted Living, Hospital, Home Health, Personal Care, Hospice, Adult Day Care, Private Duty
Session 4: Aug 30 - Oct 13th, 2023
Online class & Onsite Skills/Clinicals
Richmond, VA 23233 Get directions